Information for Speakers
We are delighted that you have agreed to be part of the Friday afternoon ICOS Seminar Series! We meet during the Fall and Winter school terms, from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in Room K1310, in the Ross School of Business, unless otherwise noted.
The seminar is open to all and draws a very diverse group of faculty and graduate students from the far corners of the University of Michigan. Attendees are from the Business School, Education, Engineering, Nursing, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Kinesiology, and from other areas as well. All are interested in organizational research and familiar with basic ideas of the field. But their more detailed expertise is quite varied.
We have encouraged a wide variety of presentations in ICOS. Most AV needs are built into the room; however, we can arrange for other equipment if we have a little advance warning. While the session is slotted for 90 minutes, it seems to work best if the speaker does not use all of the time in presentation mode. Please try to build in at least 20 minutes for questions and discussion.
If you are coming from off campus, Paula Kopka, the ICOS Coordinator, will try to accommodate your wishes in terms of who you would like to meet with while you are here. We also like to incorporate lunch and dinner with colleagues into your schedule. Paula is the one who really does the coordination, mostly via e-mail. She can be reached by using email@example.com or 734.936.1525. However, if you wish to contact Jerry Davis (Co-Director, 734.647.4737, firstname.lastname@example.org), please do not hesitate! We are all here to make this a smooth and problem-free opportunity for everyone.
Information we need from you:
1. We will need the TITLE of your presentation and the TITLE of any background reading material you would like distributed prior to your presentation. We will need an electronic copy of your reading at least one week prior to your talk
2. I will need a copy of your CV and a brief bio for our advertising purposes.
3. Any special audio/visual equipment requirements for your presentation.
4. The names of anyone at the University of Michigan that you would like to schedule appointments with.
5. Flight and travel information.
We are also simply delighted that you will be part of the seminar!
Jerry Davis, ICOS Co-Director
Diane Kaplan Vinokur, ICOS Co-Director
Paula Kopka, ICOS Coordinator